Holidays in Staufen im Breisgau, in the Black Forest and in the Markgräflerland area
What can Staufen offer you?
- You simply have to get to know Staufen ...
- Our flat is only a five-minute walk from the historic town centre and the pedestrian precinct
- You can discover the Medieval aura with numerous alleyways and many an interesting spot
- A great variety of restaurants, not forgetting the typical Baden cuisine, of course
- Wineries offering wine tastings and seasonal pubs and wine taverns
- Shopping facilities from boutiques to supermarkets and cafés for enjoying a leisurely break
- Our flat is only a few minutes on foot from the Alemannenbad (open-air swimming pool) and the tennis court or from the Staufen camping site
- Walks, hikes, tours by bike or by mountain bike starting right on our doorstep with something for everybody from easy-going to challenging
- You can sample a number of traditional festivals and cultural events in Staufen and its surrounding area
- Our flat is about five minutes on foot from the "Süd" train station which is served by a good public transport network (‘Regio’), (free of charge when taking advantage of the Konus-Gästekarte – visitor’s card)
What does the surrounding area have to offer?
- Ideal setting for a holiday involving relaxation, hiking or other activities
- Freiburg, the capital of the Black Forest with its popular market around the cathedral and its shopping mile is approximately 20 minutes away by car
- The Black Forest with lakes Titisee, Schluchsee and numerous possibilities for hiking and outings is about 30 minutes away by car
- The Markgräflerland area and the Kaiserstuhl area with their wine estates and fabulous restaurants are about 30 minutes away by car
- The cultural town of Basel in Switzerland with its many museums and a beautiful historic old town can be reached in about 30 minutes by car
- Alsace with Haut Koenigsbourg (castle) and the many wine villages and the cities Colmar and Strasbourg are about an hour away by car
- 3 popular thermal indoor swimming pools are located in close vicinity:
the Vita Classica Therme in Bad Krozingen, about 10 minutes away by car
the Cassiopeia Therme in Badenweiler, about 25 minutes away by car
the Balinea Therme in Bad Bellingen, about 30 minutes away by car
- Europa-Park in Rust, the famous leisure park is about 45 minutes from here by car
- The surrounding area is highly suitable for day trips at any time of the year
- A folder with further holiday information and ideas for outings awaits you in our holiday flat
- The mild climate and the beneficial fresh Black Forest air are always included!
We look forward to receiving your enquiry.